craftyaction

A blog for the Mt Lawley Stitch'n'Bitchers. If you're in Perth, WA, and you like to knit, crochet or just gossip— or if you want to learn how— come down to Exomod in Mt Lawley every Monday from 7.30pm and catch some crafty action! Email Clementine for more info: indienial (at) gmail (dot) com

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Crawling Back

oh yeah, my blog. was dumb. can't write. well can write, but only crap .. nothing that's like profound or intelligent or anything...plus I was lonely... hehe.. I'd rather write on the craftyaction blog if I'm allowed to come crawling back???? hehe

OH!! ... I had my first dyeing experience on Sunday using food colouring.. I used that all natural NZ wool, that comes in those big hanks at crossways, bargain $13 for 435 metres! I used half of it and it turned out shite of course (pink & lite blue.. ugh) well I was only experimenting and was the first time, tis to be expected... but I managed to salvage it by dyeing the whole thing again in rose pink yesterday, so now the blue is a lovely purple and the pink is heaps darker. Man, microwaves are the BEST invention ever! I'll take pics and post on blog tomorrow! Now my head is spinning (like a colour wheel :) all the time thinking of what colours I can do next and like how the heck do I make a burnt orange, or a forest green using food colouring, is it possible?

Oh and BIG NEWS!! well not really.. but I'm EXCITED coz Twinkles BIG City Knits is finally here, at long last... so sweet.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

welcome home, we missed you ;)

12:45 pm  
Blogger jazzyknits said...

aw thanks, I missed you too!!!

1:37 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

i was wondering what happened to your blog, I thought it was good.
michelle

7:24 pm  
Blogger jazzyknits said...

aw thanks michelle :) I thought to myself 'who really wants to hear me rubbish on about nothing in particular' I didn't think it was particularly interesting really !

8:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home