craftyaction

A blog for the Mt Lawley Stitch'n'Bitchers. If you're in Perth, WA, and you like to knit, crochet or just gossip— or if you want to learn how— come down to Exomod in Mt Lawley every Monday from 7.30pm and catch some crafty action! Email Clementine for more info: indienial (at) gmail (dot) com

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mixed emotions

As the S'n'Bers know (cos I haven't stopped whinging about it), I'm in the middle of moving house. I've packed nearly all my clothes, shoes, bed linen etc., which I thought which I thought would be the hard bit. Nooo. The hard bit has been the stash.

I have three 120 x 60 x 80cm trunks, one for sewing goods, and one which was already full of yarny goodness. I worked out that I had about enough yarn and knitting accessories to fill the other trunk, so I pulled it out to start packing away the yarn from my lounge and bedrooms.

So I gathered all my bits and pieces, and opened the trunk lid to put it away. And the trunk was already full. Of yarn. Somehow, I had another secret stash that even I had forgotten about.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bibnbub said...

Well Clem I dont know what to say, you have a super secret stash. I guess unpacking is going to be like Christmas for you!

6:53 pm  
Blogger spider_knit said...

[giggles uncontrollably and falls off her chair]

Ouch.

I want your kind of find when I unpack when we move. I'm not holding my breath.

8:27 pm  
Blogger knitconvict said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:31 am  
Blogger Clementine said...

alas, it was mostly acrylic judging by the top layer. but it will come in handy with the knitting machine! and it DOES explain why occasionally i will be unable to find a particular yarn that i'm SURE i have.

so yeah. i think my housewarming may involve up-ending a big trunk full of yarn in my living room and inviting you guys over.

7:35 am  
Blogger knitconvict said...

Ok, the post I removed was only because I had a bad typo - and there wasn't an edit button lol. So anyway, what I was going to say was...

Ha ha. I'm with spider_knit here. I would LOVE to find a forgotten stash in my boxes. Please yarn Gods provide for me?

7:36 am  
Blogger lupinbunny said...

gots any chunky weight (6.5mm needles) yarn in enough to make a jumper? if it's sot and not entirely synthetic i'll buy it off ya :D

i'm thinking we need to organise a trade night soon. i have quite a few balls of wool/ silk DK to liberate. after the angst over candy i'm not inspired to knit with it again, even if it is my fault that the damn cardy stretched.

9:12 am  
Blogger jazzyknits said...

oh you lucky thing, how cool is that!! That's like when I I found $50 stashed in my one of my drawers a few weeks back!! Must've been from xmas money I forgot I had :)

3:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home