craftyaction

A blog for the Mt Lawley Stitch'n'Bitchers. If you're in Perth, WA, and you like to knit, crochet or just gossip— or if you want to learn how— come down to Exomod in Mt Lawley every Monday from 7.30pm and catch some crafty action! Email Clementine for more info: indienial (at) gmail (dot) com

Monday, July 23, 2007

Avon Descent!

Sunday 5th August 2007 at 10:00am
On the Banks of the Avon River in the Swan Valley.

Tickets - $10 adult, $5 child, $25 family

Includes Morning Tea - BYO BBQ/Picnic Lunch, (Barbeques Provided)

Funds raised will go to projects that work to Advance the Status of Women Locally and Internationally.

This is being organised by Ruth's Zonta group. The house it's at is really really amazing with a really really amazing garden - and they have pet alpacas (well they did in February, I'm pretty sure I saw some there).

I'm definately going - let me know tonight you'd like to come too (I'm thinking sunny day, knitting on picnic blankets). Kids are definately welcome and there's lots of space to play in. Mum can bring tickets next week but needs to know if there's interest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bibnbub said...

Given it's the Sunday I presume it's somewhere near the finish line?
Im interested but I wont be there this Monday, I can give the money to Spider_Knit and collect my ticket from her next week.
I may even have some new stash from my trip to Melbourne to bring along (cause I need more yarn!).

9:04 am  
Blogger knitconvict said...

Not near the finish line at all! From memory (Andy did it a few years ago), there'll be people going past there all day, and the speed boats don't get let off until later. Be great to see you there, hope for some good weather!

10:50 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

what is the exact address again?

8:04 pm  
Blogger knitconvict said...

It's in Henley Brook - not sure if I should put the exact address on the net, so I'll send you an email tonight. Yay! Three of us counts as a Stitch and Bitch I think - more would make it a party! I'll be coming from East Perth/Maylands direction if anyone would like a ride.

8:16 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

sorry can't go, my oldest having a big Auskick gala that day.
michelle

9:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home