craftyaction

A blog for the Mt Lawley Stitch'n'Bitchers. If you're in Perth, WA, and you like to knit, crochet or just gossip— or if you want to learn how— come down to Exomod in Mt Lawley every Monday from 7.30pm and catch some crafty action! Email Clementine for more info: indienial (at) gmail (dot) com

Monday, August 27, 2007

Crafty vandals

Saturday night, I was out with a group of friends in Northbridge, including the lovely Noel. As we are both lightweights and had parked in the same spot we left early, only to discover that my car (actually Mum's car) had the window smashed and the contents gone through. Luckily there was nothing very valuable in the car and they didn't realise that the mountain designs jacket was actually quite expensive. They ignored the small amount of change (they pulled the change draw out though) and my cd.

The only thing they stole? 3 of my 4 cushion inserts, just bought from Spotlight on Thursday night. Luckily I had taken inside all the cotton yarn I had bought to make cushion covers with, otherwise I'm sure they would have gone for that too. The only possible conclusion that I can draw from this incident is that there is a gang of vandals in Northbridge, intent on creating some lovely cushion covers, who were short of three cushion inserts. Maybe as we speak they are sewing quilted covers - crocheting some lovely granny squares or creating a cable and lace knitted set of three.

So, um, if anyone is going to Spotlight over the next few weeks (I went twice last week, that's enough for the time being!), can they please pick me up 3 small cushion inserts. I think they were $3.99 each.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

absolutely bizarre. did you find any good bargain yarn while at spotlight?
michelle

10:46 am  
Blogger knitconvict said...

I've bought cotton yarn for cushion covers, yarn for Andy to make a bag, and then on Saturday... lots of 8ply orange wool as I've had a sudden urge to knit an orange jumper.

11:12 am  
Blogger Clementine said...

Oh NO! that totally, totally sucks.

But... Jaz and I are going back on Thursday (to get that red fabric, yay!) so if you bring in the remaining insert I will match it up for you. I'm not sure which Spazlight we're going to but they SHOULD have the same stuff...

4:01 pm  
Blogger lupinbunny said...

Could've been me (but it wasn't). I'm always on the lookout for free cushion inserts.

I wanted to go to spotlight today, but I have no car. So Friday it will be.

8:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home