craftyaction

A blog for the Mt Lawley Stitch'n'Bitchers. If you're in Perth, WA, and you like to knit, crochet or just gossip— or if you want to learn how— come down to Exomod in Mt Lawley every Monday from 7.30pm and catch some crafty action! Email Clementine for more info: indienial (at) gmail (dot) com

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Twinkle Soft Chunky


Arrived the other day and it's oh so soooft but oh so expensive too.. I bought 4 from ebay and cost $100 including shipping, $25 a skein!! I've heard Rowan Big Wool is a great sub which I can get cheaper online from the UK at www.colourway.co.uk

I'm thinking of making this shopping tunic (I'd probably wear this more)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16848087@N00/440799578/in/pool-twinkleknits/

or maybe this cardy, but I think it may 'cut' me off at the middle if that makes any sense?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65589673@N00/414967490/in/pool-twinkleknits/

I've got my Addi Turbo 15mm circs and rarin' to go!

Just for the record: Yes, I am a knitter-aholic and damn proud! I have way too many projects on the go, but, hey, that's the way I like it!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

i thought you were a crochet-aholic just a short time ago>>>>
michelle

7:35 pm  
Blogger Bibnbub said...

so the shopping tunic, is it all knit in purl or is it just that Im way tired and am not looking at the pic right?

10:57 pm  
Blogger jazzyknits said...

nope it's knit entirely in the round (thank goodness!) and you just wear it with the reverse stockinette side showing, I've cast on for the tunic, I figure I'll wear that more with jeans

9:02 am  
Blogger lupinbunny said...

ooooo! ive been lusting after a bit of Soft Chunky, but couldnt justify it after my Knit Happens spree.
nundle woolen mills (Australian) have a suitable sub that's SOOOO cheap, but i think it may be scratchy (its pure new wool). if that doesn't bother you, google them.
i thought big wool works out at the same price, given that its only 100g balls? or did i do the maths wrong?

4:10 pm  
Blogger jazzyknits said...

yeah not sure about the nundle yarns I thought the same thing (about it being scratchy) so decided not to go for that after having felt the twinkle, it's so so soft...I've just bought 7 balls of rowan big wool from the UK for GBP51.49 incl. shipping which is around $125AUD, so around $17.45/ball. Better value than the twinkle.

9:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home