craftyaction

A blog for the Mt Lawley Stitch'n'Bitchers. If you're in Perth, WA, and you like to knit, crochet or just gossip— or if you want to learn how— come down to Exomod in Mt Lawley every Monday from 7.30pm and catch some crafty action! Email Clementine for more info: indienial (at) gmail (dot) com

Monday, May 14, 2007

Knitting in the red dust

I hope you all have a lovely evening tonight. I'll be in my donga, and if I've got any energy (I was at the airport at 4.45am this morning) I'll do some knitting. I've brought the long-neglected edging of the giant throw to work on, and as it's the only thing I have to do, I'll get it finished I hope Mum! Next time I come here I'll bring something more exciting, as long as it's lightweight and not white. I'm liking the suggestion to knit in tweed as red-dirt stains won't be so noticeable.

Despite being the middle of a minesite, this place is pretty stunning. I've got a great view from my room, and a rostered day off on Sunday so hopefully will go out and do some sightseeing.

6 Comments:

Blogger chookie said...

what site are you out at? i'll be out at leinster this week.. but life will be in a tavern accommodation as opposed to a donga ;)

4:11 pm  
Blogger knitconvict said...

Lucky you! I'm at Yandi

4:29 pm  
Blogger lupinbunny said...

bleeeeergh.... minesites....
i was a red-dust baby, born in Port Hedland Regional Hospital. I'm not exaggerating when I say my main memories up till the age of three involve red. everything coated in a layer of red.

7:24 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

maybe you should be knitting something red....

michelle-city girl

11:09 am  
Blogger Bibnbub said...

I feel your pain, I grew up in Karratha - 10.5 years free.

4:33 pm  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2016-05-07keyun
kd 7 shoes
lebron 12
coach factory outlet online
cheap oakley sunglasses
adidas running shoes
gucci handbags
kate spade handbags
michael kors outlet online
jordans for sale
the north face jackets
coach outlet
michael kors handbags
air jordan shoes
michael kors outlet online sale
adidas superstar
tory burch sandals
replica watches
montblanc pens
beats by dr dre
kate spade outlet
true religion outlet
cheap toms
christian louboutin sale
ray ban sunglasses outlet
ray ban sunglasses
tory burch shoes
oakley canada
celine bags
oakley outlet
tiffany & co
louis vuitton outlet stores
oakley outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
oakley vault
nike outlet
nfl jerseys
coach outlet
coach outlet
timberlands

5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home