craftyaction

A blog for the Mt Lawley Stitch'n'Bitchers. If you're in Perth, WA, and you like to knit, crochet or just gossip— or if you want to learn how— come down to Exomod in Mt Lawley every Monday from 7.30pm and catch some crafty action! Email Clementine for more info: indienial (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ok... time to fess up

Who bought what and how much of it did you buy at the Craft Fair this week????

I got some sock yarn and some other sparkly stuff which I couldn't leave behind. 2 balls of Lang Yarns "Jawoll" superwash sock yarn in a tan and cream which comes with the thread to reinforce the heal and toe. 1 ball of, well actually I don't speak German so I'm gonna say a nice variegated orange - yellow - cream colourway. Finally 3 balls of the stuff I couldn't leave behind because it is all pretty and sparkly and pretty and oh wait I said pretty didn't I. Grignasco "Iris" in the pale pink through pale cream and white with a gold thread stitched into it.

I would show you photos but hubby still hasn't put the software on my new (old) computer.

5 Comments:

Blogger knitconvict said...

I spent a grand total of...... $3! Hey big spender! To be honest, I wasn't impressed by the range of yarn there. I've already got lots of sock wool, and nothing much else tempted me, not even the Noro! I think I'm still sad because I missed this - www.wonderwoolwales.co.uk.

The quilting, on the other hand, was very impressive. There are some talented women out there with a LOT of spare time.

Oh, and my $3? I bought some beads to go on some hairsticks.

8:42 am  
Blogger Clementine said...

DANG!! i totally FORGOT about the craft show. dang dang dang. I wanted to get some Noro!!! Booo....

8:55 am  
Blogger lupinbunny said...

Were things cheaper than normal, or not?
The $15 entry to enable me to decide whether or not I wanted anything sealed the deal for me. I didn't go.

I've spent waaaaaaaay too much in the past few weeks. Now instead of studying I'm off to buy more Echino.

11:39 am  
Blogger knitconvict said...

With the entry fee, you're probably better off buying your Noro online Clementine. I can't remember how much is was... but it didn't strike me as an amazing deal.

11:49 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

The craft show didn't interest me this year, not enough wool. But I understand about taking home shiny stuff. MMMM, sparkly shiny stuff.
Is there still a sale going on at Spotlight? I may head there tomorrow. Started a new project over the weekend at the farm. Noro Kureyon fake isle hat. Yes, I know Kureyon is the scratchiest Noro, but it is the cheapest and has the great colors.
michelle

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home