craftyaction

A blog for the Mt Lawley Stitch'n'Bitchers. If you're in Perth, WA, and you like to knit, crochet or just gossip— or if you want to learn how— come down to Exomod in Mt Lawley every Monday from 7.30pm and catch some crafty action! Email Clementine for more info: indienial (at) gmail (dot) com

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

mmkay. now y'all have posted something i can go back to being a blog-hog (hey, i'm young, i'm on holidays, i sleep till noon. what do you expect me to fill my days with?)

i have took a knitting hiatus on tuesday to sew a dress. butterick 4790, actually. mine is in a teeny weeny red & blue print that i got for $2 a metre at a fabric shop in bunbury. it took me an hour and a half to cut out the (three) paper pattern pieces. i still have to do all the hems, but after sewing eight darts and about five seams (several more than the pattern calls for, but more on that in a sec) i was Utterly Exhausted. Screw sewing for a joke. knitting is so where it's at.
anyway, my darts are a bit wibbly, so one breast looks a little larger and more angular (!) than the other. while i was aware that i have narrow, flat, book-wormy shoulders, and happily adjusted pattern accordingly, apparently my waist is also four or five inches higher than that of the fit model's. perculiar. thus me resewing seams over and over, making the body smaller each time.

went to the anglicare knit-in today. quality time with my maternal parenting figure and charitable deed in one. i'm a multi-tasker. i sewed strips to make a blankie, then stuffed myself full of donuts. they had these primary school age kids coming round with sweet treats on trays, and primary school kids don't think there's anything wrong with taking three donuts and a biscuit at once.

4 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

there IS nothing wrong with taking 3 doughnuts and a biscuit! You need that sugar to knit.

I out-eat everyone at work when people have birthdays. The food is conveniently located on the spare desk behind me so I am closest to it... Too bad for all those suckers who have to walk over there, I manage to eat half the cake without looking overly suspicious.

2:08 pm  
Blogger spider_knit said...

I went in my lunch break. I was told "it's so nice to see young people knitting" about ...mmm... six times. In about an hour. (sigh)

I'm over thirty for god's sake.

I guess I should be thanking them for calling me 'young' but still...

7:49 pm  
Blogger Clementine said...

ooh yes, Spider, you're SUCH a geriatric! Over 30 you may be, but you still look younger than I do when I wake up in the morning!

I really wanted to go to the knit-in, but alas, I work in the giant industrial wasteland that is Ossie Park, and ti was too far for a lunchtime visit.

Jazzy and I got the "so nice to see you people knitting" thing about 40 times over the course of 4 hours when we went to the last knit-in... AND there were no doughnuts. I think we were gypped.

9:46 am  
Blogger lupinbunny said...

i was there all day, but i was hidden upstairs with Mother Dearest and her particularly caustic friend. i tried to see if there was anyone i recognised, but, well, my eyesight wasn't that great, even with my glasses on...

10:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home