craftyaction

A blog for the Mt Lawley Stitch'n'Bitchers. If you're in Perth, WA, and you like to knit, crochet or just gossip— or if you want to learn how— come down to Exomod in Mt Lawley every Monday from 7.30pm and catch some crafty action! Email Clementine for more info: indienial (at) gmail (dot) com

Wednesday, October 25, 2006



Hello fellow SNBers, Jasmine here.. yes yes Iknow.. I suck at this whole 'blogging' thing.. never been much of a writer myself, not like the very talented gals, Clem, Claire & Kita.. but anyhow, here goes..

Have recently dropped all knitting (I know, the shock, the horror) for crochet ! Started crocheting the inevitable bikini, god knows why?! though it's coming along nicely. Don't know if I'll actually wear it in the water, not really a big fan of the saggy bottom look :) Mind you, it's a blend of nylon & cotton, so may be ok, pics soon..well.. maybe!

I'm also crocheting the little 'Short N Sweet' bolero jacket (see pics) from the SNBHH and boy is that involved, easy enough, just taking some time... it's for mum's b'day on 1st nov.. don't think it'll be finished in time somehow, isn't that just normal though when knitting/crocheting a gift?

Next in line is a toy crochet monkey for my nephew for xmas, pattern bought from www.roxycraft.com/The_trio_info.htm so darn cute, I love it ! Hopefully he will too..

5 Comments:

Blogger spider_knit said...

Meh. I don't know about the monkey, but you look very cute crocheting away there :)

Nice work.

9:57 pm  
Blogger lupinbunny said...

i like giraffe better than the monkey.

and i really like that crochet bolero for some reason. every time i pick up the happy hooker i look at it... which is weird, because i can't imagine me wearing it.

8:43 am  
Blogger jazzyknits said...

wow I got comments, yay me! hehe, thanks guys :) yeah clem liked the giraffe too, maybe I'll do that instead, he is cuter actually ! Re: the bolero, such a great pattern, just time consuming, will be making one for myself, maybe in green?

9:06 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

that is so cool you are doing crochet, teach me please? I like the free 'Santa Baby' ornament on the roxycraft site. I've been so sick all week I cannot bring myself to knit or anything. bleh.

11:39 am  
Blogger Clementine said...

yeah, go the giraffe!! i will supply you with lots of yellow and orange acrylics if you need them?

2:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home